Family Justice Centers provide a one-stop center that offers help and hope for victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse, and elder abuse. By co-locating a number of services in one building, Family Justice Centers are able to get victims the help they desperately need. This reduces the amount of time and places victims have to go and tell their story and receive the vital services necessary to break this cycle of violence.Today there are more than 82 Centers throughout the world that have co-located and multidisciplinary agencies working together to address family violence in their community.
- In 2012, there were over 8,000 victims of domestic abuse in New Hampshire
- According to state statistics, 38 percent of homicides in 2011 were domestic violence-related, and the vast majority of domestic violence cases were perpetrated by men again women.
- One in four women has experienced domestic violence in her lifetime
- Women of all races are equally vulnerable
- 74% of American knows someone who is or was a victim
- FBI crimes reports a woman is beaten every 15 seconds in the United States
- 3.3 to 10 Million children witness some form of domestic violence each year
- Health- related cost of intimate partner violence exceed $ 5.8 billion each year