- What type of services are available at the FJC?
Generally visitors will first meet with an advocate who will listen to your concerns and inform you as to what options exist and provide you with support. The advocate will refer you to other onsite services if appropriate, such as legal assistance, law enforcement, counseling, and support group. On Wednesdays, we have child care available in our playroom from 11:00 to 2:00 should you need to meet with someone during that time and have no one to watch your children.
- Crisis Counseling and Support through on-site partner HAVEN
- Court Advocacy
- Assistance with Housing and qualifying for benefits
- Crime Victim Services
- Civil Legal Assistance
- Mental Health Counseling
- Support Group
- Ride Safe – free transportation to the FJC or court where qualified
- Counseling Connect – long term counseling available to victims on or off-site with a qualified therapist
- What other agencies/partners are part of the FJC?
- HAVEN – provides domestic violence and sexual assault counseling and support, help with restraining orders, court advocacy and more.
- New Hampshire Legal Assistance – provides civil legal support to low income families impacted by domestic abuse. Services include, help with restraining orders, divorce, parenting rights & responsibility, housing, Social Security issues, public benefits and more.
- Pro-Bono Legal – Volunteer Attorneys available to provide limited consultation and representation to assist clients navigate the legal system
- Law Enforcement – law enforcement officers are available to meet privately with visitors who want information about how best to handle their own situation, such as safety planning, the criminal justice system and more.
- New Hampshire Child and Family Services – provides on-site counseling/therapy to victims of domestic abuse
- NH Division of Child, Youth, and Families – an on-site liaison at A Safe Place provides support to families working with DCYF
- Rochester Child Care – provides childcare in our playroom as needed.
- Child and Family Services – on-site trauma informed counseling services.
We have a variety of other partnerships with agencies that can help with your situation. Our Intake staff can assist you with navigating and connecting with the variety of services that are available.