HAVEN – provides advocacy and crisis intervention for victims of domestic and sexual abuse. Advocates provide a listening ear, information on abuse and basic legal information; accompany clients to court, help resolve financial, housing and other issues. Advocates may coordinate no cost rides for victims who need to get to the Family Justice Center or court and do not have alternative transportation. HAVEN advocates are the first stop for most victims who visit or call the FJC. They meet with clients to help identify their needs, and then make the appropriate legal and other referrals.

New Hampshire Legal Assistance -NHLA provides counsel and advice to victims who meet income guidelines on most issues related to domestic abuse, including restraining orders, divorce and custody. Referrals must be made through HAVEN or SCFJC Intake, who will screen the issues and schedule an appointment with an NHLA staff member. Clients who come to the Family Justice Center may also be eligible for assistance with housing, social security benefits or other non-dv issues.

Law Enforcement – Various law enforcement agencies are available on site or by phone. On site police departments who come at least once a month are Rochester, Dover, Somersworth, Durham, Strafford County Sherriff’s office; Strafford County Attorney’s Office Investigator; New Hampshire State Police. When a client signs a consent form with a provider or attorney that party may speak to the police directly about the client’s case or the client may meet privately with an officer.

New Hampshire Pro Bono Attorneys – Pro bono attorneys are part of the New Hampshire Bar Association’s Unbundled Services and can provide limited legal help to clients. This assistance can consist of general legal information and advice; help with completing forms, assistance drafting motions or other filings.

Child Care – Appointment based childcare is available on a case by case basis. All children’s first names, ages and date of service must be entered on the log by the child care team. If a child cannot be calmed or becomes too challenging or disruptive to care for, the parent must take the child and reschedule their appointment if necessary.

Child and Family Services – Provide on-site mental health services for our clients.